Sunday, January 27, 2013

January, winter & chinese new year

January & February this year are quite busy for me, partly because i have some projects to complete at work, partly because i'm in the middle of some training towards running a full marathon next month. I've a humble target, to finish it in 5 hours.

i'm currently a little busy at works. Looking to the bright side, it doesn't bother me at all because i feel glad that in this economically unstable period especially for Japan, i still have works to do everyday. Sometimes maybe i have to work long hours, but it is no different from studying in university. We spent many after-lecture hours doing homework, doing event preparations, doing research etc, of which, if compare to the time i spent in university, i'm still working lesser these days, which explained the decrement of white hair i currently have above my head.

There is a chinese new year next month, which i will spend the time in Japan. Unfortunately this is quite a busy period for me, maybe till end of february. I have decided to go home for 1 week at the end of April, 3 more months to go.

Living in a new country with a new language is a challenging task. While looking back the 2 years times i spent in japan, i was changing from one with high motivation to no motivation and to moderate motivation again. While living in an unfamiliar environment, i had been feeling afraid and less confident, trying to please others, following etc. After spending 2 years here, i'm building up my confidence again slowly and steadily, stop following, back to the one who doesn't live other people's live, back to the one who is not receiving, but exerting influences to his surrounding. The experience here is unique, it taught me how to become myself again. I had gone to new school, new university, new city etc before but nothing is comparable to moving into a new country. The experience is valuable in future in this globalize world.