Sunday, July 12, 2015

Just normal 5th summer and normal me

The arrival of summer in Japan made the temperature goes up. But at the same time it brings some nostalgia for me as my country, Malaysia has only a single season all year long. As of this month, I have come to Japan for 4 years and 8 months. If the Japanese language training session in Malaysia is included, this month marked my 5 years in Toshiba. 

Frankly, I couldn't believe i could stay in a single place, in a single company for 5 years. But that just happened. In these few years, I have learned plenty of knowledge and have experienced the different cultures. Life was tough and very challenging, not only in term of engineering works, but also communications, lifestyles, ways of thoughts etc. The ups and downs were huge, sometimes you feel you are worthless, sometimes you feel hopeful, sometimes you feel alone, sometimes you feel motivated. Life is completely different when compare to the times when i stayed in my own country. It is challenging mentally. However, when we learn the steps of how to adapt ourselves into a new environment, life becomes easy and we can go anywhere we want, anytime without difficulty. Become an engineer in Japan is not all about engineering, the challenges include language, culture, thoughts etc. 

I am fortunate to have tried out works in different fields in Toshiba in all these years. From infrastructure system to semiconductor, able to have experienced these different fields gave me a special experience that i am able to look at somethings from different point of views. I believe the world is big, and we can never stop learning in our lives. I should remind myself of the word "lifelong learning" everyday in my life. The world is exciting and we should maintain curiosity in the things we do everyday.